Nominee’s bio (and/or LinkedIn profile)
How long have been working in the ONOS community?
I have been contributing to ONOS since its first release in December 2014. (7 years)
What contributions have you made in the past to the ONOS community?
I am the technical lead of SD-Fabric control plane, which leverages ONOS to build a fully programmable, fully visible networking fabric for private 5G edge cloud.
I am a key contributor of Trellis - the predecessor of SD-Fabric and one of the most successful ONOS use cases deployed in production.
I have made 450+ improvements throughout the system, including
- Applications (reactive forwarding, dhcp relay, port load balancer, route service, routing, mcast service, segment routing...etc.)
- Core subsystems (OF-DPA pipeliner, flow objective, flow, group, host, packet...etc.)
- Providers (host, link, hostprobing, openflow...etc.)
- Utils (IPv6, LACP)
I am also the top code contributor of 2018 by number of commits.
What are you actively working on in ONOS?
I continue to improve SD-Fabric and ONOS to make sure the platform can meet production requirements in terms of features, reliability, scalability and performance.
I also invest time in operationalizing ONOS, such as maintaining helm chart, deployment automation process and logging/monitoring integration
Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for this position?
I have a strong background in computer networking and years of experiences in designing, implementing, deploying and troubleshooting SD-Fabric and ONOS at scale.
Are there any changes you would like to bring to the community if elected into this position?
I would like to ensure that
- ONOS continues to meet the requirements for production deployments with its reliable, scalable and extensible architecture.
- ONOS is capable of adopting imminent use cases such as SD-Fabric and Aether