Nominee’s bio (and/or LinkedIn profile)
How long have been working in the ONOS community?
I have been contributing to ONOS since its first release in December 2014. (5 years and 3 months)
What contributions have you made in the past to the ONOS community?
I am the main contributor of Trellis, one of the most successful ONOS use cases deployed in production.
I have made 450+ improvements throughout the system, including
- Applications (reactive forwarding, dhcp relay, port load balancer, route service, routing, mcast service, segment routing...etc.)
- Core subsystems (OF-DPA pipeliner, flow objective, flow, group, host, packet...etc.)
- Providers (host, link, hostprobing, openflow...etc.)
- Utils (IPv6, LACP)
I am also the top code contributor of 2018 by number of commits.
Aside from the technical contributions, I also maintain a close relationship with the open source community.
I am a founding member of ONF ambassador program and have served on the Ambassador Steering Team for years.
What are you actively working on in ONOS?
I continue to improve Trellis and ONOS to make sure the platform can meet production requirements in terms of features, reliability, scalability and performance.
Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for this position?
I have a strong background in computer networking and years of experiences in designing, implementing, deploying and troubleshooting Trellis and ONOS at scale.
Are there any changes you would like to bring to the community if elected into this position?
I would like to ensure that
- ONOS continues to meet the requirements for production deployments with its reliable, scalable and extensible architecture.
- ONOS is capable of adopting imminent use cases such as network verification