Developers who wish to contribute to ONOS code-base or those who develop apps using ONOS platform, might benefit from the following series of short screencast videos that show how to accomplish certain things and to pick-up tips and hints on working with ONOS code more efficiently.
Provides an overview of the core architectural principles, the system structure and the rationale behind the architecture.
Getting started developing with ONOS
Demonstrates how to check-out the code, how to tailor your bash profile and how to build and package ONOS.
Importing ONOS projects into IntelliJ IDEA
Demonstrates how to import the code, settings and how to configure the copyright. Shows how to navigate the code, how to invoke unit tests.
Running ONOS locally on development machine
Demonstrates how to setup the environment to run Karaf locally using ONOS_IP and
onos-karafcommand (ok). Shows how to monitor and search the log file.
- Debugging ONOS with IntelliJ IDEA
- Illustrates how to use IntelliJ IDEA for remotely debugging ONOS and applications.
- Installing ONOS from onos.tar.gz file
- Demonstrates how to deploy ONOS using the onos*.tar.gz file and how to form a cluster from multiple single-node installations.
Creating and deploying an ONOS application
Shows how to use ONOS archetype to create a simple project and how to configure it to package as an ONOS application. Shows how this application can be deployed into running ONOS.
- Troubleshooting ONOS OSGi Components
Provides a brief tutorial of how to use the Apache Karaf CLI and web-console to diagnose feature, bundle and component loading issues and to trace component dependencies.
- Introduction to the ONOS Web UI
- Introduces the ONOS Web UI, providing a brief tour of the topology view and related table views.
- ONOS Web UI development with the Mock Server
- Brief demonstration of using the Mock Server to control generation of events to drive the UI view.