- Scripts to build onos-bmv2 (ONOS fork of BMv2) and p4c-bmv2 (P4 compiler for BMv2)
- Example P4 programs to get started
- Mininet custom file to use onos-bmv2
- Various utility commands to quickly debug a running BMv2 network
To get the most from the tools and instructions discussed in the following sections, it is highly recommended that you add this line to your shell configuration profile (.bash_aliases, .profile, etc.):
This walkthrough demonstrates the necessary steps to run a network of BMv2 devices in Mininet, connected to ONOS.
First you need to build and run ONOS. The developer guide and this how-to screencast is a good starting point to build and run ONOS locally on your development machine.
Info title Build using Maven
Important! We are transitioning our build system from Maven to BUCK. Most of ONOS 1.6 modules can be build using BUCK exepct for the bmv2 modules. Be sure to build ONOS using the following command:
$ mvn clean install
bmv2.py Mininet script
- Sample commands to run a network of bmv2 devices connected to ONOS
- Usage with onos.py