Welcome to the ODTN wiki space. All information on this wiki is publicly accessible. If you would like to contribute to this space, you will need an ONOS account: https://onosproject.org/register/
ODTN (Open and Disaggregated Transport Networks) is an ONF project that aims to rally service providers, hardware vendors and system integrators, to
- Build a reference implementation using (a) open source software, (b) open and common data models, and (c) disaggregated hardware devices.
- Perform lab and field trials using the reference implementation.
- Identify supply chain gaps and propose solutions.
The project's scope covers:
1. Disaggregated DWDM systems, including but not limited to transponders and Open Line Systems, amplifiers, multiplexers, all-optical switches and ROADMs
2. Open source network operating system for control and configuration of the DWDM system
3. Open and common data models, APIs and protocols
Much of this information is captured in the project charter.
Un updated high level overview of the ODTN project can be found here
Project weekly call
The team meets weekly on Tuesday from 8 to 9 am pacific, 5 to 6 PM CET. Please join the Project Call
NOTE: this meeting is PUBLIC and RECORDED and could be uploaded to youtube.
Participate in ODTN Development (JIRA and Gerrit require you to first register):
- ODTN General Mailing List
- ODTN Software Mailing List
- ONOS Dynamic Config Brigade Mailing List
- Slack #odtn (register here)
- JIRA Board
- ONOS Gerrit Repository (mirrored on GitHub)
- Design Documents (Google Docs folder)
- Meeting recordings
Interested in joining ODTN? Please contact Andrea Campanella, firstname.lastname@example.org
ODTN is an operator-led initiative and hosts an impressive selection of leading service providers, along with visionary equipment vendors.
Software companies and other institutions