- Topics to be determined... suggestions are welcome and appreciated...@09:00 PST
- NG-ONOS, name, repos and further discussion (Thomas & Andrea)
- Collaboration Proposal: better packet-in queue handling in ONOS (Nikolai Merinov - inango systems)
- NG-ONOS plans, architecture discussion (Thomas & Andrea)
- Discussion on whether to promote the new GUI2 as the default for the ONOS Raven release. (Sean Condon)
- Raven release progress
- Upcoming Milestone review
- How to handle release notes / change-log process - last few releases don’t have one
- We have the apps.yaml for builtin apps, but what are the next steps?
- What external apps should be registered? (SEBA, VOLTHA, …)
- Summer intern project for installing apps from onos-apps-list
- NG ONOS
- Investigating use of ietf-network.yang and item-network-topology.yang via ygot
- Thoughts on NB and SB being merely gNMI/gNOI
- Upcoming TST elections
- Brainstorm about architectural requirements for configuration & management aspects for NG ONOS
- @09:00 PST
- ONOS App Store wiki page
- Policy framework application from Angelos Mimidis
Brief update on ONOS 2.0 progress (Karaf upgrade, JDK upgrade, incubator cleanup, no code-base disaggregation)
Discussion of Atomix versions in relation to 1.14 & 1.15 releases
Declaring intent to start on NG ONOS architecture next year
- Brief update on Apache Karaf 4.2.x upgrade and general discussion
- ONOS Peacock Milestone #1 (Thomas)
- Demo and update on the work being done by Georgios Katsikas to allow control of server NICs using ONOS drivers (Georgios)
(Unfortunately, owing to network connectivity issues, the recording got garbled and video/audio portions are severely out of sync)
- Atomix 3.0 and the New Cluster Architecture (Jordan Halterman)
- Proposal to allow Device Providers to administratively disconnect a device. removing workaround using DEVICE_REMOVED event (Thomas Vachuska)
- Proposal to address Security issue around Openflow device connection (Brian O'Connor)
- Discuss switching from the Sprint process to Kanban board to track work throughout the release
- Discuss ideas for "paging" CLI output (and GUI tables) for displaying large numbers of flows, routes, etc.
- Discussion about how to represent & track dual-tagged hosts. (Charles Chan & Saurav Das)
- Free-form discussion on ONOS scalability. How to measure, scaling with cluster size, memory footprint, performance trade-offs, stress testing, etc.
- Presentation from Frequentis about their ATM network (Air Traffic Management) solution based on ONOS
- Discussion of tools & other collateral to make ONOS cluster easier to deploy as a set of containers.
- Jenkins Job Builder (Linux Foundation)
- Current Jenkins Jobs Status (Brian)
- Distributed ISSU protocol proposal (Jordan Halterman)@16:00PDT
- ONF Transition of source code (Brian)
- Proposed Module Owner program tweaks (Brian)
- Proposal to promote some incubator features to core (Thomas)
- Atomix 2.0 architecture (Jordan Halterman)Meeting Notes
- Presentation & demo from Argela of various ONOS enhancements and potential contributions (Metin Balci)
Recording and notes are not available
- P4 southbound architecture (Carmelo Cascone)
- Source tree disaggregation using Repo (Zack Williams)
Discussion of the “support” model, do we support one past release or two past releases? And what is implied by “support”.
Discuss a plan for reducing the growing backlog of code reviews before the K release.
- Discussion about onos-loxi (Murat)
- Build and Package brigade work week recap (Viswa)
- Documentation discussion (Bob Lantz et al.)
- Non-disruptive Intent reallocation (Antonio Marsico)
- Memory Management System (MMS) for SDN platforms (Roberto Doriguzzi Corin)
- Publishing docker images during the ONOS build (Ali, Jono)
- How to enhance the Intent Installer to support new types of Intents (Yi, Pier, Andreas & Michele)
- How to support seamlessly using multiple protocols on a single device (Andrea Campanella)
- Proposal for coordinating resource reservations across complication of multiple separate, but related intents (Luca Prete)
- How to enhance the intent subsystem & flow objective intent compilers to properly use groups for sending traffic out multiple ports
- How to coordinate resource reservations across complication of multiple separate, but related intents
- Discussion about ONOS development and deployment environments, tools and best-practices (Luca Prete, Thomas Vachuska)
- Discussion on how we can better manage the various ONOS projects, including the distributed platform, network core, and various contributor projects.
- Proposal for integrating POF protocol to ONOS (Zuqing Zhu, Harold Huang, Lucas Lee, Sicheng Zhao, Quanying Sun)
- YANG-based L3VPN applications (Hongtao Yin)
- Proposal for improvements to AAA in ONOS (Viswa)
- Proposal for model-driven external application interfaces (Robert Tao)
- 1.7.1 Release plan (Brian)
- Buck Update (Brian/Ray)
|2016/09/14|L3VPN project proposal (Patrick Liu/Lu Kai/Hongtao Yin) postponed
- Proposal for ONOS performance improvement (Patrick Liu/Jin Gan)
- Discussion about ONOS Build event agenda (David)
- Discussion about PuntObjective as a variant of FilteringObjective (Ali, Jono)
- Discussion about maintenance and versioning of system-level documentation (Ayaka, Bob, David)
Discussion about project-specific Git repositories (Thomas)
SDN controller benchmarking reports analysis and testing cases proposal, plus a demo if time allows (Jiang Rui/Patrick Liu)Meeting Notes
- Recent community survey findings and a discussion with the group about ways to address those points (David & William)
- Demo of the YANG utilities and YANG shell (Patrick, Gaurav & Vinod)
- LISP presentation (Jian Li)
- Presentation about NEMO language - a declarative service level network programming language. It is implemented in OpenDaylight Beryllium release.
- provide ONOS with an intent description language
- build a controller independent layer, so that all the scenarios that built in ODL can also apply to ONOS.
- IPInfusion proposal presentation (Tetsuya)
- Happiest Minds will present their proposals for ONOS collaboration.
- Module owner discussion
- Discussion of proposal to have multi-valued traffic selector/extensions (Satish K.)
- Satish Karunanithi will present his proposal to use PCECC as SDN transition solution with ONOS. (See ONOS calendar entry for details)
- ACINO presentation by Domenico Siracusa
- Discussion of Scrum process and use of Jira for providing visibility of progress. (Thomas)
- Presentation of scalable DPI engine mechanism for ONOS for both on-platform and off-platform DPI applications (Taesang Choi & Sangsik Yoon)
- (Backup Topic) Informal discussion of strategy for off-platform ONOS applications (Thomas & Brian)
- Topology models, BGP-LS provider and related GUI enhancement suggestions (Satish K.)
- Hardening & Refining Distributed primitives (Brian)
- Network Virtualization strategy (Thomas)
- Driver framework overview (Thomas)
- How many releases back should ONOS be supported? Now and in future.
- Current decision is to support 6 months back (current and previous release) for bugs and 1 year back for security fixes
- What should be the policy & process for deprecating Java APIs?
- Deprecate in one release, remove in the next?
- Nursery core & API to allow incubation and separability
- Table Pipeline API & drivers (Ali)
- Overview of distributed application subsystem (Thomas)
- Overview of distributed configuration subsystem (Thomas)
- Call for re-write of sample applications using intent subsystem
- Open discussion on future topics
- Axing the trivial stores
- The trivial stores are no longer useful since the distributed stores have been completely functional for a single instance.
- Performance testing scenarios
- Flow system tests varying amount of work while varying the amount of communication.
- Bundle karaf with ONOS?
- This would make installation easier.
- Improved Support for multi-tables.
- Provide a sort of SelectorService which would return a "pipeline template" for the device the user wants to install a flow on.
- Tunnels or Virtual Links
- There are a number of use cases and applications that want or need this abstraction; discuss some high level approaches.