ONOS Goldeneye Release Content
Community - New collaborators
- Announced new collaborators: Calix
- Unannounced new collaborators that have been approved but haven’t been communicated yet: Argela, IPT, SDNLAB, Villa-Tech
- Contributions from ON.Lab, AmLight, AARNET, Internet2, GEANT, IEEE
- Enable AmLight to change cost of the links in their network
- Castor has been contributed back by AARNET to the ONOS main repo
- Initial steps to integrate L2 and L3 apps (specifically VPLS and SDN-IP) in ONOS
- Announced ONOS integration into an international industrial federated testbed
Automated testing, Build environment
Contributions from ON.Lab, Ciena, Huawei, Criterion
Phased in "Chaos Monkey" for longevity test
Built test suite on dynamic clustering
Included testing intent with FlowObjectives
BGPLS functional test case
IPv6 functional test case
Added VLAN selectors and treatments to Intent functionality tests
Moved to Buck in the build environment
Contributions from ON.Lab, Huawei, POSTECH, CREATE-NET, Politecnico of Turin, Tata (TCS), BUPT
- ICONA enhancements - for example, ICONA to BGP interface
- Control Plane Manager (CPMan)
- Control Plane Manager adds management capability to the control plane enhancing HA/reliability
- Added REST API for exposing control metrics (e.g., system metrics + control message)
- Enhanced MetricsDatabase to support multi-resources
- Enhanced metric reporters in a way to notify all metric reporters when metric registry has been changed
- Support for querying control metrics of remote node
- Implemented Web GUI using chart model to visualize control metrics in bar/line charts
- InfluxDB Report and Query App
- This application adds capability to report and retrieve various control metrics stored in MetricsService to/from InfluxDB
- By querying InfluxDB, we can easily obtain the control metrics from all ONOS instances
- Added a way to integrate InfluxDB and Grafana to visualize control metrics
- Ganglia Report and Query App
- This application adds capability to report various control metrics stored in MetricsService to ganglia monitoring server
- Chart Model
- Chart model provides a way to visualize a set of data points with line or bar chart without knowing the details
- CPMan makes use of chart model to plot control message stats in both line chart and bar chart
- Network Troubleshooting App
- The Loop Detect interface and the Black Hole Detect interface are integrated into one interface. Network troubles can be detected by calling this unique interface.
- Improved code structure and function partitions.
- The application supports Remote Procedure Call, helping to prevent blocking when multiple applications call the network trouble shooting function.
- Improved the javadoc making the API comments generated by swagger more friendly.
- SDN-IP App
- Runtime configuration update support.
- Remove intents using App ID when App get deactivated.
- Reactive-routing uses new config subsystem of ONOS. Which means, there is no need to use son-ip.json any more.
- Introducing support for multi vlans for SDN-IP
- Advanced Yang constructs implementation
- Include, Import, Grouping/Uses, Choice, RPC, Notification, Augment, Sub-module, Inter/Intra file linking, all built-in and derived data types.
- Enhanced interfaces with classifier, SFF, SFC Proxy
- Maintain SFC statistics
- GUI for viewing SFC resource statistics
- Tie-break logic implementation at classifier
- Interface with SFC proxy
- Added new criterion and actions to support NSH as per official OVS patch
- Added capability to support BGP flow specification and route policy distribution
- Added REST API for configuring flow specification and route policy distribution
- Protocol enhancement to support flow specification
- Protocol enhancement to support route policy distribution
- code reorganized to support complex flow classes
- Runtime configuration support
- Computation of optimal E2E paths (PCE) for MPLS TE tunnels within a PCE domain based on network topology information and computational constraints.
- Extension to PCE to act as a centralized controller (PCECC) where in the PCECC of controller takes care of label distribution and thus avoid signalling protocols like RSVP-TE, LDP etc.
- Features include:
- PCEP protocol enhancement to support stateful PCE/PCE Initiated LSP/PCECC.
- CSPF path computation in ONOS PCE
- PCE Global path optimization
- WebUI enhancement for managing PCE tunnels
- Label management for PCECC (PCE as Centralized Controller)
- Support PCECC-Basic using PCEP protocol
- Support PCECC-SR (Segment Routing) using PCEP protocol
- Contributions from ON.Lab, Ciena, POSTECH, GEANT, CREATE-NET, Politecnico of Turin, Tata (TCS)
- Northbound API support for ICONA enhancements
- Intent subsystem now integrated with Flow Objectives subsystem
- Intent-based implementation of virtual network provider. It is really not suitable for production yet, but it does validate the mechanics of virtual-to-physical mapping and isolation
- Added CLI & REST API for managing the inventory of the virtual networks
- Develop STC scenarios for validating the v-net functionality and to help further test the functionality during development
- Initial work on on adding various ONOS services atop virtual networks, starting with device, link, host
- REST API improvements
- Supports flow table pipeline
- Supports encode/decode meter/group/sequence id
- Bumped up Jersey from 1.x. to 2.x
- Now can specify application identifier when inserting flow rules
- Web UI stylesheets refreshed to use look and feel consistent with project website.
- Started to refactor the Web UI Topology View to be "Region Aware" -- to support enhanced interaction / navigation of the topology
- Introduction of CLI command "device-interfaces" that lists interface information for legacy devices
- Contributions from ON.Lab, Fujitsu, ETRI, NEC
- ~6x improvement in throughput for distributed strongly consistent operations
- Performance and stability enhancements for Resource Store by optimizing the manner in which we represent individual resources in data store
- ECMap enhancement to periodically purge old tombstones (deleted item placeholders). Improves the stability of long running tests
- Refactored optical information model into a loadable application using the projection mechanism' making the ONOS core easier to scale and more modular. It is also a blueprint for integrating other technologies such as microwave support.
- Improvement in serialization mechanism to detect object registration id conflict detection.
- Created a core unicast route service which provides a centralized route store in ONOS. This helps facilitate the growing number of routing apps and use cases on ONOS by allowing more collaboration between apps and greater API stability.
- Performance improvements to Adaptable Flow Statistics subsystem
- Refactor of core Alarm subsystem:
- polling alarm provider that uses drivers to query alarms
- distributed store for alarms
- AlarmService with listener mechanism
- unit tests
- Contributions from ON.Lab, GEANT, Huawei
- Refactor SNMP implementation:
- correct division of elements in provider, protocol and drivers.
- SNMP subcontroller.
- drivers for BTI, Lumentum
- unit tests
- Lumentum Alarm Driver
- Initial support for the reference P4 Behavioral Model (BMv2) software switch
- Mastership for NETCONF devices
- Introduction of NETCONF Controller component configuration for "netconfReplyTimeout" setting the timeout for NETCONF synchronous replies
- SB interface for retrieval of interfaces configuration from legacy devices and its implementation in Cisco IOS NETCONF driver
- Handling of multiple VLAN-IDs for trunking interfaces on legacy devices and its implementation in Cisco IOS NETCONF driver
- Removal of VLAN-ID when removing trunk/access mode from legacy device interface
- YANG Southbound tool for drivers
- yang to NETCONF XML translation