Work-in-progress. Completed page will be linked into the Tutorials page.
ONOS Rabbit MQ application will be capture and parse the ONOS events and notifications. There by converting the below listed events into appropriate json schema and publish them on to MQ server. The interested ONOS and external applications can consume the published json messages.
MQ Supported ONOS event types
- Device Event
Describes infrastructure device event.
- Port Event
Describes infrastructure port event.
- Link Event
Describes infrastructure link event.
- Topology Event
Describes network topology event.
- Packet Event
Describes inbound packet received with raw payload.
- Device Event
MQ Client & Server Configuration
To configure Rabbit MQ event notification from ONOS the following components needs to be configured:
Rabbit MQ Server (External to ONOS)
1. The latest release of RabbitMQ server can be available at https://www.rabbitmq.com/download.html
2. Please refer the server documentation at administrator's guide
3. You can access the user-management with
rabbitmqctland use the command:
4. Please refer the /resources/rabbitmq.properties file for sample mq properties.
ONOS Rabbit MQ App
Before proceeding to the following steps, see “wiki: Installing and Running ONOS” and “” for make it ready to run ONOS.
Activate rabbitmq app
Rabbit MQ Client (External to ONOS)Please follow below steps to setup MQ consumer application.
1. Extract below attached message-consumer-app.tar.gz
2. Refer MQConstants.java for sample MQ server consumer configuration.
3. Build and generate the jar using command :- mvn clean install
4. Run the consumer application using command :- java -jar MessageConsumer-jar-with-dependencies.jar
5. The consumed messages from the MQ server will be displayed on console.
MQ ONOS event json attributes, definitions and structures
For example device event message structure as below
Please refer below attached document for complete set of json message structures, attributes and their definitions,
Enhance this application to support more ONOS events and publish them on to MQ server.