Developers who wish to contribute to ONOS code-base or those who develop apps using ONOS platform, might benefit from the following series of short screencast videos that show how to accomplish certain things and to pick-up tips and hints on working with ONOS code more efficiently.
Provides an overview of the core architectural principles, the system structure and the rationale behind the architecture.
Demonstrates how to check-out the code, how to tailor your bash profile and how to build and run ONOS.
Demonstrates how to import the code, settings and how to configure the copyright. Shows how to navigate the code, how to invoke unit tests.
- Debugging ONOS with IntelliJ IDEA
- Illustrates how to use IntelliJ IDEA for remotely debugging ONOS and applications.
- Installing ONOS from onos.tar.gz file
- Demonstrates how to deploy ONOS using the onos*.tar.gz file and how to form a cluster from multiple single-node installations.
Shows how to use ONOS archetype to create a simple project and how to configure it to package as an ONOS application. Shows how this application can be deployed into running ONOS.
- Troubleshooting ONOS OSGi Components
Provides a brief tutorial of how to use the Apache Karaf CLI and web-console to diagnose feature, bundle and component loading issues and to trace component dependencies.