The ONOS Web GUI has been designed to facilitate the runtime injection of additional content by ONOS applications. There are two possible approaches:
- Register a "UI Extension" that adds one or more custom views
- Register a "UI Extension" that adds a "Topology Overlay" component, augmenting the behavior of the Topology View
- See the Topology Overlay tutorial
- Register a 'UI Extension' that adds a "Topology Map" asset to the Topology View
- See the Add Maps Tutorial
Client-side Framework Libraries
Server-side Model and Utility Classes
A number of helper classes are available to use in server-side code. See the Web UI - Server side helper classes page for details.
to be documented
- Some notes on conventions and assumptions
- Websocket communication
- Defining key-bindings
- Creating and using "fly-in" panels
- Defining custom "glyphs"