Abdulhalim DANDOUSH / ESME-Sudria, France <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- David Boswell / ON.Lab, USA <email@example.com>
Andrea Campanella / ON.Lab, USA <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Lefteris Manassakis / FORTH-ICS University of Crete, Greece <email@example.com>
Alexis MUNYANDEKWE / Altran, France <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Timon Sloane / Open Networking Foundation ONF, USA <email@example.com>
Viswanath KSP / Verizon, India <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Elena Olkhovskaya / Strategic Virtualization, USA <email@example.com>
- Sachidananda Sahu / Radisys, India <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Srinivas Vegesna / Founder & CEO at Criterion Networks & Santa Clara Univ, USA <email@example.com>
- Naresh Kumar / Criterion Networks & Anna Univ, USA-India <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Emerson Whatley / Strategic Virtualization, USA <email@example.com>
David Mahler / Blue Box & IBM Company <David.Mahler@gmail.com>
- Yi Tseng / Chiao Tung University, Taiwan & ON.Lab, USA <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jian Li / POSTECH, Korea & ON.Lab, USA <email@example.com>
- Shakil Muhammad / MnLab, KAIST, Korea <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ons Fares / Paris 13 & ESME Sudria <email@example.com>
Roua Touihri / Devoteam & University Paris Est <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Elisa Rojas / Telcaria Ideas S.L. (SME), Spain <email@example.com>
Stefano Secci / Lip6/UPMC, France <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Simon Hunt / ON.Lab, USA <email@example.com>
- The brigade will organize a learning event during ONOS Build 2017, September 20-22 in Seoul, Korea, R&D Campus of Samsung Electronics
Brigade workshop: May 27-28, 2017 at Paris, ESME SUDRIA – MONTPARNASSE, 40 rue du Docteur Roux , Paris.
Please feel free to join in person or dial-in remotely. Remote participation details are below:
- Join from your computer, tablet or smartphone at: https://www.gotomeet.me/onlab
- Join by dialing in using your phone. United States : +1 (872) 240-3212 / Access Code: 199-251-813
2ed Paris ONOS Meetup, May 29th, 2017, 18h45 to 22h00, ESME SUDRIA – MONTPARNASSE, 40 rue du Docteur Roux , Paris
- To attend, please fill out this short registration form: http://onosproject.org/paris-meetup2
Paris ONOS Technical Tutorial: Developing a distributed application, May 29 2017, 15h00 to 18h00, ESME SUDRIA – MONTPARNASSE, 40 rue du Docteur Roux , Paris
Contact the brigade:
- Next video-conference meetings dates (to be defined via doodle before Fri July 14 2017):
- Time, Dial-in info and agenda can be found here:
- Mailing list: https://groups.google.com/a/onosproject.org/forum/#!forum/brigade-teaching
- Slack channel: https://onosproject.slack.com/messages/brigade-teaching/
First brigade notes:
The big image document :
Providing and re-organizing open source modular teaching materials in SDN/NFV domains in different levels so that it can be used for courses targeted for different types of audience (networking professionals, undergraduate or master students of different backgrounds, phd students, software developers with/without experience in new networking technologies, etc,).
We believe that we do not need to reinvent the wheel, just agree on the available resources that we can point to and reuse available materials from all the community to build modular structured materials that start by introducing the big image and the presentation of all the NFV/SDN envirenment tools, i.g. DevOps.
Short-term focus in 2017:
Describe the whole big image of virtualization/SDN/NFV/ONOS/CORD
Start with the designing of three training levels (beginner, Net engineer and user, developer). This should be designed in a modular way such that any student of any IT or CS field can follow appropriate modules.
Start by the organization and the creation of the modules of the beginners level in addition to the complementary modules (create contents or find the good references). See the shared document for more details.
Think with ambassadors about having initial teaching events to try out the content in late Q2 perhaps
Proposed a demo server with test bed and demo accounts, could be a tie in to the teaching/hands on material (see with ON.Lab members).
Go in depth for the intermediate and advanced levels
The ultimate long-term goal is to provide certification services mainly for ONOS/CORD in addition to the open source training materials and to make a call for sponsorship and collaboration. The Brigade can establish service relationships between ONOS/Cord (ON.Lab) and its channel partners to encourage them for joining the SDN/NFV and ONOS /CORD certification services, review, evaluate and enhance the training materials and become qualified as Certified Service Partner. Such a program can add real credit to the Brigade expected results and provide better services to customers as training is a main phase usually before or after the deployment.
During the next meeting we plan to:
Collect your feedback on the shared documents: understand how the modular learning course should be (basically modified the shared document about the big image).
Divide us in groups and take the ownership of different tasks (depending on your interest) in order to realize our short-term goals.
- Discuss the organization of a training workshop during ONOS Build 2017
How to get involved:
Are you a professor, an engineer, an instructor or a student ? Have you already prepared tutorials, exercises, exams, MCQ, VMs, or courses about Networking, security, programming skills, DevOps, and SDN/NFV/ONOS solutions? If yes, you are welcome to join us for sharing your experience and integrating your work with our brigade. To get involved is easy, just write us to Abdulhalim Dandoush or David Boswell or simply join the mailing list group and take part of our activities