Welcome to the ONOS Documentation Library! This page links to the most up-to date documentation for ONOS.
The ONOS Guides provide comprehensive information, and are divided into several categories. It is highly recommended that you work through the Tutorials before taking a look at the ONOS guides to get the most out of the information here.
- User's Guide - How to install, configure, and use ONOS and its applications, and its current use cases
- Developer's Guide - How to develop on and/or contribute to ONOS, and the tools and procedures involved
- Architecture Guide - The design and implementation of ONOS, its major subsystems, and sample use cases
Additionally, we provide Javadocs for the ONOS APIs of the latest stable release, and a list of FAQs.
There are a few conventions that we use throughout these docs.
Unix shell commands begin with '$' or for superuser, '#' :
$ sudo -s # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
ONOS CLI commands begin with 'onos>' :
- Both shell and CLI commands are inlined in sentences in
- File names, directory paths, and keywords are in italic.
- User inputs and navigation of web pages are bold e.g. Ctrl-D and Browse > Pages.
- Italic and monospace terms may also be bolded to emphasize them.
Further conventions, if any, are described where relevant.