ONOS Build 2016
Paris, November 2-4, 2016
What is ONOS Build 2016?
ONOS Build 2016 is our first event large scale developer conference bringing ONOS developers and contributors from all over the world to share, learn, align, plan and hack together. The event will span three days and bring together more than 200 core developers, partners and collaborators.
The ONOS community is growing in different geographies around the world and we think that there are many users and contributors that we don’t even know about. There is serious interest and enthusiasm for ONOS in the community and we need to come together to get things done and to figure out the best way for this growing community to work more effectively together.
When and where ?
The conference will be held in ....drumroll......more drumroll..... Hmmm. We don' t know yet. Come back next week, we might have an answer then
The schedule of the event is currently under construction and you can find it here https://onosbuild2016.sched.org.
Building the schedule is a collaborative effort so please don't hesitate to contact the event organiser if you're interested in giving a talk or running a session.
We will be announcing a Call For Papers shortly...
The event will span three days and will offer a mix of presentations, interactive sessions, breakout sessions and various social activities. Our aim is to find a format that allows us to share and work effectively together while ensuring that it is an active, dynamic and powerful event for everyone to participate in.
The aim of ONOS Build is help the ONOS core community align their efforts, get up to speed with the latest updates from others and share theirs. We're going to talk about the state of the ONOS project and set the stage for the upcoming year. The event will also be an opportunity to socialize, to hack with fellow developers from other parts of the world and and to dream up the future of ONOS together.
At this event we're going to focus on three areas that essentially amount to three interdisciplinary tracks:
- ONOS Hackathon: Sessions will focus on hacking on and building features and applications on top of ONOS
- ONOS Tutorial: Sessions for this track will focus on skills building and best practices in terms of building on top of ONOS
- Partners & Collaborators Showcases: Sessions in this track will focus on showcasing the amazing work of ONOS Partners and Collaborators from all over the world
The aim is to allow us all to think holistically about the project. Each track cuts across many different areas, and this will help participants situate their own area of activity within a broader context.
ONOS Hackathon: TBD (Audience: Experienced ONOS developers)
ONOS Tutorial: TBD (Audience: Developers looking to learn more about ONOS)
Partners & Collaborators Showcases: TBD (Audience: People looking to learn more about what's happening in the ONOS community)
More than 200 developers from research labs, academia, vendors and service providers from 40+ countries will be participating in ONOS Build 2016. A full list of participants can be found here: https://onosbuild2016.sched.org/directory/attendees
Support of our sponsors will be instrumental in enhancing the quality of the event and will also help cover the costs for travel and accommodation of our talented student participants who otherwise may not be able to participate in the conference.
Benefits for sponsors include:
- a unique opportunity for your company’s brand and message to be exposed tp the largest gathering of ONOS developers, partners and collaborators at a single event.
- extensive press coverage and media outreach
- specialized tutorials and workshops for your employees following the event
- a seat on the "Industry Panel" on Day 2 of the event
- a dedicated space to showcase your company during the "Science Fair" and/or in the main hall of the conference venue