Welcome to TestON tutorial!
Test on runs on Linux platform. TestON requires a proper ONOS installation in order to work, see ONOS tutorial for more information.
By completing this tutorial, you will understand how to:
- Install TestON
- Create appropriate files to run test on TestON.
- Create and run TestON script
- Create a TestON driver
Important Command Prompt Notes
In this tutorial, commands are shown along with a command prompt to indicate the subsystem for which they are intended.
indicates that you are in the TestON command line, whereas
indicates that you are in your machine.
Configuring Linux to run TestON
- A Linux 2.6.26 or greater kernel compiled with network namespace support enabled (see INSTALL for additional information.)
python 2.6 or higher versions.
Install python package configObj using:
- Properly installed ONOS
- Dependencies - ONOS, Python packages, Pox, Mininet, STS etc. (Check out the Dependencies section in the Github wiki for more information)
- Prior knowledge of ONOS and Mininet
- Two or more VMs running Ubuntu Server
- Ssh log in without password
Clone the TestON from https://github.com/opennetworkinglab/ONLabTest.git
Please configure mail server details before going to start working with TestON
- Open core/utilities.py file inside TestON Framework
- Check def send_mail(self) and configure the mail server and your credentials as mention below:
Having installation problem? visit TestON FAQ for more information.
Now that you finish installing TestON, you can now create your test cases. Find out how you can create your own tests in test files section of the tutorial.