Components in this Setup:
- Jenkins CI system (Optional - if you need to have automated build job set up; else, all the test cases can be driven from TestStation.);
- Wiki (Atlassian Confluence), or other publishing services (Optional - if you don't need to publish test results);
- Gerrit Repo - gerrit.onosproject.org; this is the git repository for both onos and OnosSystemTest;
- TestStation - runs "OnosSystemTest/TestON"; optionally onos Bench and Mininet. Required: "OC" environment variables are configure in the host to run test scripts.
- ONOS cells - each cell is a node running ONOS - the number of cells needed depending on your test cases;
- SDN network - this is either a Mininet-emulated network, or physical network.
Example Test Setup Procedure:
This guide will help you install TestON, configure your environment, and run a sample test with a three node cluster.
Requirements: ONOS 1.3 or higher (recommended) must be correctly installed. Follow this guide to install ONOS.
Clone Mininet to TestStation and run the install script
NOTE: If you have a different repo of Mininet, we recommend removing it and re-cloning the one listed above. You will also need to remove these packages from your home dir: pox, loxigen, openflow, flop, oftest, openvswitch, and any other package that mininet installs. Refer to this page if you any questions http://mininet.org/download/.
Clone "OnosSystemtest" to TestStation
Please follow TestON installation guide to install TestON.
Set your cell. The sample test requires a 3-node cell. Follow this guide if you are having trouble setting your cell.
NOTE: The cell needs OC1-3 defined, OCN to point to your bench test station, and OCI to point to OC1.
NOTE: Make sure ONOS is update-to-date and you build it before running the test.
Run the sample test.